Members of the Estevan Police Service (EPS) handled a missing person case earlier this week.
Police received a report of missing elderly woman from a local senior citizens’ building during the Aug. 7 day shift. Police located the woman, who indicated she wasn’t lost and just wanted to enjoy the beautiful weather.
Police offered her a ride home and she accepted a ride back to the facility.
- In other recent police news, police were dispatched to a residence during the Aug. 5 day shift regarding a domestic conflict. A male and female were arguing. Another male was present in the residence at the time of the conflict. The female left the residence on her own volition. No further action required.
- Police assisted EMS on a 911 call in north Estevan.
- Officers attended to a residential intrusion alarm during the Aug. 6 day shift. The residence was secure. A property representative attended and confirmed everything appeared to be OK.
- Police received a 911 hang-up call from a local business. Police attended the business. The employees were spoken to and there appeared to be nothing wrong.
- Members were called to a report of a dispute over property. Police interviewed the parties involved and resolved the dispute with the property being returned.
- Police attended to a commercial business alarm. The business was accidentally left unlocked. Nothing appeared to be stolen or damaged.
- Members received a complaint about an abandoned car. The vehicle was checked and the matter left to the property owner to resolve by removing the vehicle from the property.
- Officers responded to a domestic disturbance in southeast Estevan during the Aug. 6 night shift. One male was charged with assault. The male was released with conditions.
- A call from a local business resulted in a female being arrested and lodged in cells for public intoxication. She was released when sober.
- Police received a report of a vehicle travelling in the city with two children not restrained by seatbelts. Members were not able to locate the vehicle.
- Members were notified during the Aug. 7 day shift of an individual receiving an unwanted text solicitation from someone the complainant did not know. The matter is still under investigation.
- Officers attended to a report of a semi-trailer unit stopped on the overpass on Fourth Street. Police attended and directed traffic until the semi could be towed from the overpass.
- Police responded to a call regarding a domestic disturbance in north-central Estevan during the Aug. 7 night shift. A female and a male were arguing. The parties were separated.
- Members were called to a report of an altercation at a residence. A female was charged with assault and lodged in cells to be released in the morning.
- A call was received from a female requesting assistance, as she had fallen and was not feeling well. She called back a very short time later stating she did not need officers to attend. Members attended to confirm that she was OK, and that she did not need assistance. She was found to be fine and had someone there to watch over her.
- An alarm call was received from a business in central Estevan. It proved to be false.
- Police received a report of a break and enter to a residence in south Estevan during the Aug. 8 night shift. The matter is still under investigation.
- Officers received a call through the Report Impaired Drivers line. The vehicle was located some time later, parked at a residence with nobody around. The registered owner will be advised that the police received a report regarding the vehicle.
- Police received a report of a male on the roof of a local business. Officers attended to speak to an Estevan male believed to be high on a narcotic. He hadn’t committed an offence so was turned over to family to ensure he was kept safe.