Five new cases of COVID-19 were reported in Saskatchewan on Aug. 12, bringing the total to 1,484 cases. There are four new cases are located in the Regina zone and one in the North Central zone.
Twenty people have recovered and 10 patients are currently in the hospitals.
Currently 150 cases are considered active and 1,314 people have recovered in total.
Ten people are in hospital. Five people are receiving inpatient care; three in Saskatoon, one in Regina and one in the South Central region. Five people are in intensive care; three in Saskatoon, one in the North Central region and one in the South West.
Of the 1,484 cases in the province 212 cases are travellers, 747 are community contacts (including mass gatherings), 415 have no known exposures and
110 are under investigation by local public health.
Overall in Saskatchewan:
- 64 cases are healthcare workers; however, the source of the infections may not be related to healthcare in all instances.
- 352 cases are from the far north area (346 far north west, 0 far north central, 6 far north east)
- There are:
- 337 cases are from the south area (160 south west, 166 south central, 11 south east);
- 233 cases are from the north area (101 north west, 67 north central, 65 north east);
- 242 cases are from the Saskatoon area;
- 190 cases are from the central area (160 central west, 30 central east); and
- 129 cases are from the Regina area.
- 239 cases involve people 19 years of age and under, while the remainder are adults.
- 467 cases are in the 20-39 age range; 471 are in the 40-59 age range; 253 are in the 60-79 age range; and 54 are in the 80-plus range.
- 50 per cent of the cases are females and 50 per cent are males.
- 20 deaths related to COVID-19 have been reported to date.
To date, 115,004 COVID‐19 tests have been performed in Saskatchewan. As of Aug. 10, when other provincial and national numbers were available from the Public Health Agency of Canada, Saskatchewan’s per capita rate was 83,532 people tested per million population. The national rate was 120,826 people tested per million population.
On Aug. 11, 1,032 COVID-19 tests were performed in Saskatchewan.