The busy week continues for the Estevan Fire Rescue Service, as they were called to a house fire on Wednesday night and a vehicle collision Thursday morning.
The house fire was at Mayfair Bay. Once they arrived on the scene, firefighters could see there was little to no visible smoke or flame from the exterior of the home. The occupants escaped the home uninjured, and said there was a hot electrical smell from the kitchen area.
“When they looked up, they could see a brown spot on the ceiling drywall,” said Feser.
Firefighters entered the home, isolated power and did a ceiling pull to expose the affected area after using a thermal imaging camera. Once it was exposed, a fire was found in the attic space.
Crews deployed a hose line, and suppressed and extinguished the fire, which was caused by faulty electrical wiring.
The SaskPower electrical inspector was brought in, and it was determined the homeowners would be displaced for the evening.
“Thanks to some good neighbours and family members, they were able to find a place to stay for the evening.”
Further reports are needed from the electrical inspector.
The fire department spent about two hours at the accident scene.
Firefighters, along with the Estevan RCMP and the Estevan Emergency Medical Services, were called to a two-vehicle collision at the Boundary Dam Power Station Thursday morning.
“It sounded like it was a case of somebody accidentally hitting the accelerator instead of the break, causing damage to a vehicle,” said Feser.
There were no injuries due to the collision. The scene was turned over to the RCMP for further investigation.