Around 9 p.m the thunderstorm advisory was cancelled.
But according to one of the Mercury's readers, Orville Wrights, there is a fire just past Lampman near Willmar. It could have been caused by lightning.
No details are available as of right now. As of 8:07 p.m., the thunderstorm is observed around Willmar, SK. The advisory is cancelled for other areas of southeast Saskatchewan.
Environment Canada issued a thunderstorm watch for parts of Saskatchewan.
Intense thunderstorms have developed over parts southern Saskatchewan today as warm and humid conditions continue. Some severe thunderstorms are likely to persist through the evening and through the night time.The meteorologists are tracking a severe thunderstorm capable of producing very strong wind gusts, up to nickel size hail and heavy rain.
Very large hail can damage property, break windows, dent vehicles and cause serious injury. Strong wind gusts can toss loose objects, damage weak buildings, break branches off trees and overturn large vehicles.
Severe thunderstorm watch in effect for:
· R.M. of Benson including Benson
· R.M. of Brokenshell including Trossachs
· R.M. of Caledonia including Milestone and Parry
· R.M. of Cambria including Torquay and Outram
· R.M. of Cymri including Midale Macoun and Halbrite
· R.M. of Estevan including Estevan and Hitchcock
· R.M. of Fillmore including Fillmore Creelman and Osage
· R.M. of Griffin including Griffin and Froude
· R.M. of Lake Alma including Lake Alma and Beaubier
· R.M. of Laurier including Radville
· R.M. of Lomond including Colgate and Goodwater
· R.M. of Norton including Pangman and Khedive
· R.M. of Scott including Yellowgrass Lang and Lewvan
· R.M. of Souris Valley including Tribune and Oungre
· R.M. of Wellington including Cedoux Colfax and Tyvan
· R.M. of Weyburn including Weyburn and McTaggart
As of 5:22 p.m., an advisory was issued for part of Saskatchewan from Frobisher to Carievale.
These thunderstorms were near Glen Ewan northwest to Lampmn and were nearly stationary.
A severe thunderstorm may produce tornadoes.
If the storm hits, the safety instruction suggests that one needs to take cover immediately, if threatening weather approaches.