Since March of this year, the people of Saskatchewan have witnessed a transformation never seen before in the history of this province.
Unelected public health officials have created a multitude of regulations. Businesses have especially been affected. Many were forced to close and some have gone bankrupt. Unemployment has caused much despair.
Our seniors and shut-ins did not have visitors for months. There is a lot of fear being spread. This is why I am writing an open letter to Saskatchewan Health Minister Paul Merriman to get some facts.
Please address my questions regarding your COVID-19 strategies.
1) Why are you reporting a test as a positive case when the patient has no symptoms?
2) Out of the number of cases you have reported, how many people have been hospitalized?
3) One of your concerns is that hospitals will be overrun. How many people are currently hospitalized in our province and can you please compare this to our provinces bed capacity?
4) How do the numbers hospitalized for COVID-19 compare to other flu seasons?
5) What medical or scientific evidence do you have confirming that the use of a facemask prevents the spread of a virus?
6) Can you name a province, state, or country where lockdowns or mandatory masking has lowered the number of positive COVID cases? I ask this because the country of Sweden carried on as usual without lockdowns and now has the lowest level of new COVID cases in Europe.
7) Can you guarantee that the current COVID tests being used are accurate?
8) How many residents have died of suicide or drug overdoses since your government began to use its current strategy?
9) What is the plan going forward and what will it take for you to lift the COVID restrictions?
I look forward to your reply,