The Saskatchewan Junior Hockey League has received the green light to plan for a full season in 2021-22.
In a news release, the league said it is looking forward to having a normal hockey season.
The SJHL and the Saskatchewan Government thank the efforts of Saskatchewan people to follow the rules of the provincial health order and to get vaccinated.
Immigration and Career Training Minister Jeremy Harrison said. “Hockey has always been a key part of our culture and economy in Saskatchewan communities and we look forward to working with the league to see the players back on the ice.”
The board of governors, coaches and GMs of the SJHL teams will be meeting soon to set the schedule for the upcoming season, with a start date of Sept. 24.
Other important dates are:
- Oct. 4-6: SJHL Showcase in Warman;
- Dec. 19: Start of the Christmas break;
- Dec. 27: Return from Christmas break;
- Jan. 25 and 26: SJHL/MJHL Showcase in Winnipeg;
- March 4: Regular season ends;
- March 11: First round of the playoffs start;
- March 25: Second round starts;
- April 8: Saskatchewan Junior Hockey League finals
- April 29: ANAVET Cup final versus the Manitoba Junior Hockey League champions: and
- May 20: Centennial Cup starts in Estevan.